One Word Many Meanings

Each Classical Tamil word has many possible meanings

Because in incantation languages like Classical Tamil, each word has many possible meanings to it, with mind humbly invoking Lord Siva's Grace, we just have to look into the classical Tamil dictionary for the meaning of each word in a Tirumantiram verse that yields a coherent and wholesome meaning.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tirumantiram 141 - Tantra 1 - Siva Nandi's Gloden awareness abides within our minds

சந்திப்பது நந்தி-தன் திருத்-தாள் இணை 
சிந்திப்பது நந்தி செய்ய திரு-மேனி
வந்திப்பது நந்தி-நாமம் என் வாய்மையால்
புந்திக்குள் நிற்பது நந்தி பொற்-போதமே.  141.

Literal Translation
1  Meeting-with (is) Nandi (Him-)self's Holy Feet-Pair
2  Reflecting-on (is) Nandi's Reddish Holy Form
3  Praising (is) Nandi's Name My Word-by
4  Mind-within abiding (is) Nandi's Golden Awareness (counted thus).

Lucid Translation
1   I meet with, Nandi's (Siva's) Holy Feet-Pair
2   I reflect on, Nandi's Reddish Holy Form
3   I Praise, Nandi's Name by My Word
4   Within my Mind abides, Nandi's Golden Awareness
(counted thus).

No comments:

Post a Comment